Real L&T bis interview questions

I have appeared for l&t bis interview XXIII 2020 batch. I am going to share my interview experience with you. 
It was an online interview. 

I joined the interview with a link sent to my email. I was waiting for the persons to join, after waiting for half an hour they suddenly appeared and then the interview starts. 

Questions:

1. Introduce yourself. 
Ans : i said my name, my place, my degree and college, i said about my fathers occupation and mothers occupation then hobbies and then my goal.

2.Do you something about steel structure?
Ans : yes

3. Tell me the basic difference between plate girders and gantry girders. 

Ans: plate girders :they are large beams which are used to transfer the transverse loads to the piers. They are used in bridges and flyovers.

Gantry girder: These are also a type of beam, which are used to carry the heavy moving load of crane. The basic difference is that plate girder carry transverse heavy load only but gantry girder is subjected to both transverse force and lateral force due to movement of crane over it. 

4. What are stiffeners and how many types of stiffners are there? 

Ans: Stiffners are members of steel which are used to strengthen the web of a plate girder. There are 3 types of stiffners : longitudinal stiffners, transverse stiffners and load bearing stiffners. 

5.What is the function of longitudinal stiffners? 
Ans: Longitudinal stiffners are provided to strengthen the web against web buckling. 

6. Where are they provided? 
 Ans : they are provided on the web. 

Then this professors says ok and he handsover to another professor. 
Again question starts

7. What was your final year project? 
Ans : My project was on soil erosion and its control. 

8. What is soil erosion? 
Ans: it is a phenomenon by which the topmost layers of soil gets revoved by the action of water and air. 

9. What is the cutting and deposition of soil in a river banks called? 
Ans: i said meandering. 

10. What is the cutting of one side of bank called inorder to make sufficient depth of water on banks? (he said about chhat puja) 
Ans: i said excavation but he was not impressed so i said i don't know the exact term. 

11. Do you know anything about construction technology? How would you construct a bridge and ports? 

Ans: I said that i know something about bridge but completely empty about ports. 
Bridge construction requires following steps:
 1. Cofferdam
 2. Piers construction and installation
 3. Deck construction 
 4. Pavement construction. 

12. How would you construct deck? 

Ans: I said we can make truss deck.
 
13. How would you make truss on water, it is 200 m span? 
Ans : i said we can construct outside water and then we push ig over the girder by sliding. I think he was expecting something else. 

14. Are you willing to work in this corona situation either home or abroad? 

Ans: i said yes. With the information given by WHO i can protect myself and avoid corona infections. 

15. How would you convince the workers to work on sites in this coronavirus situation?3 points. 

Ans: i said 
 1. We will assure that thay will be safe on site. We will provide free masks and sanitizer and saftey measures. 
 2. We will pay a higher wages 
 3. We will convince them that they will get continuous work and benefits. 

Thats all. They said thank you. Your interview is over. 
You may disconnect yourself. 
I am waiting for the result, i is expected to be out in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks for reading guys. 

Comments

  1. can u plz tell me before how many days of interview u got the mail regarding ur interview date and time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i got the date and time of the interview just before 1 day of the interview. I was surprised and shocked. I think it should give at least 3 day prior to the date of interview.

      Delete
  2. Hey how much time do they take for interview.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment